Trauma Survivors Network - provided by ATS

Survive. Connect. Rebuild.

A Program of the ATS

Head injury affecting emotions

Head injury affecting emotions
by catlady on Dec 17, 2020, 04:40PM

i have all the patience in the world for everyone except myself. I never got a computer because I knew trying to learn it would be frustrating. I recently got a phone last September which is like a small computer and once I learn how things work, the stress level decreases. Now I’m discovering the internet which is new stress, but its voluntary. I can turn the phone off anytime, no more stress! I’m going at my own pace. I do find learning how to use this forum frustrating because I have to teach myself. I know this is a place of understanding because I can relate to what many people have said here. Does anyone else who had a head injury find learning new things stressful?

Reply: Head injury affecting emotions
by katherinejoseph on Mar 10, 2021, 07:26PM

Hi there, thank you so much for sharing about your daily challenges living with a head injury. I want you to know that you are not alone. If you are interested in connecting with another trauma survivor who sustained a head injury, I would be happy to connect you. You can reach me at kjoseph@amtrauma.org. We’re rooting for you!