Trauma Survivors Network - provided by ATS

Survive. Connect. Rebuild.

A Program of the ATS

Miracles do happen

Miracles do happen
by Angelica on Jan 13, 2015, 07:39AM

My brother got in a really bad car accident today crash head on with a tree at 65mph. The car was totaled and cellphone glasses ids everything got squished in the car so the officers have no family contact info. A man called Joshua stop to aid him and helped the officers pull him out of the car. My brother was and is fully conscious no injuries but a broken leg. My family and I are still in a shock from this crazy day but I thank God it wasn’t worse and I thank God that Joshua helped him. He not only got him out of the car he went to Facebook and found our contact info. If it wasn’t because of him we wouldn’t have known of the accident. I’m still in an emotional shock especially from my mother’s nerves and reaction she had an instant panic attack. I wanted to react but because she was in such a shock I couldn’t react I had to control myself and focus on getting some order and now that everything settle I still can’t cry im reacting different to this stress I just get a bad headache and I can’t sleep thinking not only of this bad accident but this miracle too. Writing this helps a big deal I do want a time to be emotional because I feel like a tightening on my chest. I won’t have this emotional time tomorrow because I have to settle all the issues of my brothers routine like police report insurance getting some of his IDs back talking to his job and school. Etc. I hope to feel better after sharing this with this support group.

Reply: Miracles do happen
by EileenFlores on Aug 17, 2018, 08:26PM

Angelica, I am just now reading your post and wondering how you are all doing in the recovery process. Can you share an update on how everyone is doing? So sorry to hear of your brother’s accident and so thankful that someone was there to help.