Trauma Survivors Network - provided by ATS

Survive. Connect. Rebuild.

A Program of the ATS

Pelvic fixator

Pelvic fixator
by Be3cca on Feb 13, 2014, 04:39AM

In my accident I broke my pelvis in two places so I have a pelvic fixator on. I was just wondering if there are any others out there who can relate or have a fixator too? One of the harder things for me has been sleeping and getting comfortable. It’s hard with a bar in front of my body but I also wanted to know if anyone had any tips or suggestions for getting more comfortable with a fixator. Thanks :)

Reply: Pelvic fixator
by tjoenks on May 14, 2014, 06:42PM

I am sorry I have been off the forums a while. I am sure your fixator is off now, but I too had one. I can tell you that you will know when it is going to rain from here on out! If there are any other recovery questions regarding this please feel free to ask me.

by Taylor on Sep 13, 2014, 08:53AM

These post have been up for a while but this is intended for someone in the future.
I have had a pelvic fixator twice now within 4 short years unfortunately. If anyone has any questions about it or how to deal with it, PLEASE feels free to message me I’d love to help.

by Krystah on Feb 08, 2015, 03:09PM

I had a pelvic fixator for two months when I was hospitalized from a car wreck, I fractured my pelvis in four places and they eventually took it out after the second month and I found out extra bone had grown on my pelvis due to my brain injury. I now might have to have surgery for the laberal tearing on both sides of my hips from the fracturing and accident that didn’t heal correctly.

by smurf_goddess on Sep 14, 2016, 03:00AM

I had a pelvic fixator for a fracture, along with other injuries. That was in 2013. I am curious if anyone had trouble down the road after the fixator was removed? I am having problems with pain and other symptoms and my doctors don’t seem to know how to answer my questions, telling me I am just getting older. That might be true, but I am pretty sure those giant pins going down to my hip bones also had something to do with my current situation.