Trauma Survivors Network - provided by ATS

Survive. Connect. Rebuild.

A Program of the ATS

Facial Stabbing

Facial Stabbing
by Scarchief on Mar 10, 2021, 02:23PM

(I don’t speciize in writing very well, so please don’t mind my grammar or run on sentences <3 ) It was a chilly night, January first. I was out having a grand time , with the mother of my 2 sons . We decided to bring in the new year with pleasant drinks and our favorite genre of music being EDM , also known as Electro dance music. After a good night of dancing and frolicking around at Marcella’s night club in buffalo, we both head to the car, where there was 2 large orders of Mooney’s (a local restaurant) Macaroni and cheese waiting for us im the car. We were sobering up and all of a sudden a gentleman parked next to me, hits my car twice with his car door ,, I was curious as to why he did this and got outve my car to see what was going on! I met him at the back of my car. He had a knife behind his back the entire time, me not knowing I proceeded to ask if he was okay, As soon as I asked the question he swung full force, like a pitcher in the MLB, swung his hardest , Cleaving my flesh from my scalp, down to my jaw, Tendons, Muscles , Nerves, My bone grooved and more were completely severed in half, But more importantly my Temporal artery was cut in half . I immediately seek help . He runs into his car and then runs over my car in a panicked attempt of escape. After running around asking for help, my body becomes weakened. Falling to my knees outve exhaustion, I start to crawl around the parking lot, feeling the hot blood pour and pour and pour outve my face , I couldn’t help but notice the red patches and pools of hot blood in the parkinglot, watching the steam rise from each one. I eventually start to go Into shock and lose grip on reality, Hallucinating, being restrained and mended by EMT’s, I stand up with more then 10 men holding me down and walk over to the crowd and ask them to record me. I go on to state, With bloodied tears , with my last breaths, Tell my children that I died like a warrior. Blinded by my blood filled eyes, I close them knowing I was dying and damn near dead. Sitting on my folded knees, hunched over upright vertically, My heart stops. Lifeless, In the ambulance my heart begins to beat again . After a few short minutes , I arrive to ECMC where surgeons are waiting for me . The doctors and nurse’s operated on me the moment they open the ambulance doors they manage to stabilize my heart and give me 2 transfusions at once , as I lost all of the oxygen and nutrient rich blood in my body. They operate for hours, reconnecting my artery, Tentonds , muscles and eventually skin . I survived nonetheless , The plastic surgery, The unfixable nerve damage. The ptsd, anxiety, depression and much more plague me every day . Im trying so very hard every day, to stop wishing that it would’ve turned out a different way. Lifes been challenging for me since , and too often I start to hate myself and more. My life since has been nothing but tragic, from being homeless , living in my car, to returning bottles that I find so I can eat… Im still surviving and refuse to accept defeat. I find that when I tell this tale. I feel better, I feel like I can connect with people who have been traumatized themselves , I feel like I need to keep fighting and have to get my testimony out there , so people can find strength from me, even though I feel weak myself. I want to save someone’s life with my words and story. Then, and only then, will all of this been worth it I hope you enjoyed.

Reply: Facial Stabbing
by katherinejoseph on Mar 10, 2021, 06:55PM

Thank you for sharing your story and for your commitment in connecting with others and spreading strength and courage. I hope that you will be able to connect with other survivors who have experienced similar injuries and experiences. I encourage you to find the closest TSN center as you may be interested in becoming a trained peer visitor. You can find the closest site to you by visiting https://www.traumasurvivorsnetwork.org/pages/ou… We’re rooting for you! Katherine Joseph, kjoseph@amtrauma.org

Reply: Facial Stabbing
by EleanorFinley on Jul 27, 2021, 04:42PM

I am so deeply, incredibly sorry for your heartwrenching story. In my accident, I severed four tendons in my right hand, two fingers no longer function. I found your story as I was trying to find other people with knife wounds. I can’t imagine the agony of your recovery. I wish I could give you a big hug.