Trauma Survivors Network - provided by ATS

Survive. Connect. Rebuild.

A Program of the ATS

Hit on my motorcycle

Hit on my motorcycle
by Rexaster on Oct 14, 2021, 07:55PM

July 1st 2021 just 2 weeks after my dad passed. Someone turned directly in front of my motorcycle. I flew over the hood. Compound fractures of lower left leg. Big gauge on calf. Still on crutches. I try to stay grateful. I’m very lucky. I have at least 6 more weeks on crutches. Probably never walk with out a limp. Im well was a bartender. I love bartending. I really want to forgive the person who hit me. I can’t. I have to apply for disability. Watch every penny I spend. Life has never been like this.

Reply: Hit on my motorcycle
by cathypost101 on Aug 31, 2022, 02:17PM

Hi there, I am new to this forum, just getting my profile started, but your story is very similar to mine. I was riding pillion with my partner on Feb 13, 2022. A lady just turned directly in front of us (crossing a double yellow line) and hit us head on. My partner flew over the windshield and over the hood. Thankfully he was not hurt. I was pinned between our bike and the car. Fractured femur and a large open wound to my calf. It has been over six months and my calf wound has finally closed. I am still on a cane, but hopefully will have a full recovery. ( I too feel like I will always have a limp as well). I am a nurse and on my feet for long shifts. I feel like I am in limbo, while waiting to heal so I can get back to work of some type. I feel very lucky not to be injured any worse, but man this is hard. Going through bouts of depression and some PTSD. I am working on my physical therapy and trying to stay positive. I hope you are doing well. thanks for posting.