Trauma Survivors Network - provided by ATS

Survive. Connect. Rebuild.

A Program of the ATS

Can I be fixed or is it over for me

Can I be fixed or is it over for me
by LyfeJourneys on Nov 01, 2022, 07:09PM

I’m a middle age woman who can cope with life. Anxiety and fear control every part of my life. It started with my childhood. All the things I saw and went through did something to me and it has carried with me till this day. I self sabotage anything good. I can’t keep a job or form healthy relationships. All I know is something is wrong with me and I don’t have any control. I was abandoned and rejected by my parents and family. I was bullied and it believed every negative thing that was said to me. Now I have lived up to what said I am…A Nobody. I’m tired of being like this and I don’t want to feel like this anymore. I’m alone and suffering in silence. Does anyone understand me? Can I be fixed?

Reply: Can I be fixed or is it over for me
by Twana on Nov 22, 2022, 03:38AM

Hey, Lyfe: I’d like to gently remind you that the longest journeys begin with one small step. Your journey may need a counselor to guide you. Our childhood experiences absolutely shape our lives and our ability to cope. Our young experiences can sometimes require that we learn as adults what we missed getting to learn in childhood – and really no one but a counselor can take us back to a kid to grow up again. Those folks go to school a long time to acquire the skills to help the rest of us. Take advantage of them. That’s what they hope to be used for in life! I hope you can find a bit of excitement and trepidation that you are here to get to be a kid again. It won’t be easy, but you can do it. You won’t be the first nor last. Twana in Tennessee

by Jtoisserkani on Dec 10, 2022, 03:33AM

May I ask where your from? I’m going through similar feelings and fears.

by Lorena89 on Dec 17, 2022, 10:24PM

Of course there is hope for you! There is! The anxiety is constantly overwhelming I know the feeling but the calmness does come. I myself am not feeling back to normal and we’ll not get the before version of how we were back. But they feelings that were good do come back and I have every hope they will.