Northeast Georgia Medical Center
Northeast Georgia Medical Center (NGMC) - Gainesville is the only designated trauma center in the northeast Georgia area and is YOUR regional trauma center.
According to the CDC, injuries are the leading cause of death for children and adults up to the age of 44. An organized trauma system and designated trauma centers are effective in reducing the rates of death and disability associated with injuries.
A designated trauma center is a hospital with additional resources and equipment to care for severely injured patients.
NGMC is a Level II trauma center. This designation means NGMC has the necessary personnel and equipment to handle all types of traumatic injuries – no matter how big or small – at any time.
The Trauma & Acute Care Surgery (TACS) Clinical Team is comprised of surgeons, advanced practitioners and clinic staff specializing in general surgery, trauma and surgical critical care medicine. This team provides and coordinates care for trauma and acute care surgery patients throughout the entire care continuum, including the emergency department, operating room, intensive care unit, surgical floor and outpatient clinic.
The Trauma & Acute Care Surgery (TACS) Operations Team is responsible for all aspects of NGMC’s Trauma Program, including:
- Safety and quality care review through the Trauma Performance Improvement & Patient Safety Program
- Hospital and medical staff compliance with American College of Surgeons Committee on Trauma (ACS-COT) guidelines and the State of Georgia regulations
- Administrative and financial responsibilities
- Trauma education for health care providers
- Injury prevention education to the community
743 Spring St.
Gainesville, GA, 30501
Website(s) https://www.nghs.com/trauma _ _ _
View all trauma centers