Trauma Survivors Network - provided by ATS

Survive. Connect. Rebuild.

A Program of the ATS

Community Services

Once you or your family member leave the hospital and return home, take the time to explore the resources in your home community to find out what services are offered. It may also be helpful to talk to other people with disabilities, since they may already have a list of local agencies and support groups.

Before calling agencies and local support groups, it is helpful to write down and prioritize the services you and your family might need. Be ready to spend a lot of time locating the right agency and type of service. However, remember that you and your family will be better off once the services are provided.

Start with services in your community that can be found in the telephone book. Some examples of places to look include: Social Service Administration, Social Services and Centers for Independent Living, Department of Rehabilitative Services, Community Service Boards, Public Health Departments, YMCAs, YWCAs, United Way, Parks and Recreation Departments, Public Libraries and various civic organizations.

Associated pages

Social Services Department
Department of Rehabilitative Services (DRS)
Centers for Independent Living (CILs)
Community Service Boards (CSBs)
Public Health Department
Parks and Recreation Department
United Way