Carbon Monoxide Detector
Half of CO poison deaths could be prevented by a CO detector. Some states and local jurisdictions have passed legislation requiring the use of CO detectors in some homes. It is recommended that a CO detector be installed near bedrooms and on each floor of the house. The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission recommends that if the CO detector alarms goes off, hit the reset button, call emergency 911 services, and immediately move to fresh air near a window, door, or outside (www.cpsc.gov
) If you believe that a certain appliances is malfunctioning, have the appliances serviced by a professional. To avoid CO buildup, do not leave cars running in a closed garage or burn coal inside the home.