Trauma Survivors Network - provided by ATS

Survive. Connect. Rebuild.

A Program of the ATS

Peer visiting

Peer visiting
by ginak94 on Apr 24, 2013, 02:22PM

Has anybody been involved in this yet? I am looking to do it and was just curious to hear from anyone who has done it.

Reply: Peer visiting
by SarahHendrickson on Apr 24, 2013, 03:14PM

Hi Gina,

I am so excited to hear about your interest in peer visiting. That tells me two things about you right off the bat: 1) you are invested in the healing process, be it for you or someone else, and 2) you are open to new experiences. These two things, in combination with peer visiting training offered by your local Trauma Survivors Network Coordinator can be incredibly impactful on the life of a trauma survivor. How did you hear about peer visiting?

Maybe I can help link you to your local coordinator.

Good luck and give it a try. It’s amazing what a connection with a survivor can do for the healing process of a trauma patient.

by ginak94 on Apr 24, 2013, 09:32PM

Thank you for responding. I have contacted Brenda about it and she has sent me all the paperwork for what I need to bring when I go. I am quite excited!

Take care, thank you.

by Deleted User on Apr 25, 2013, 12:58PM

Good luck Gina and welcome to the TSN!

by tjoenks on May 14, 2014, 07:05PM

Thank you for doing that Gina! I would love to be but have been disqualified by my local trauma center due to medical knowledge. I am a nurse and I understand where their concerns lie as there can be a conflict as a nurse to differentiate when it comes to providing Peer vs medical support. I know my peer visitor was an angel sent to me becuase she was amazing!!!