Trauma Survivors Network - provided by ATS

Survive. Connect. Rebuild.

A Program of the ATS

I'm totally lost

I'm totally lost
by TH4Ever on Oct 06, 2014, 11:42AM

Good day,

I’m not directly a trauma survivor, but I lost a dear friend in a senseless car accident 3 weeks ago, and I still can’t help but feel I lost a part of me. It’s all I can think about 24/7. Not to mention the fact that we’re having a hard time raising enough money to lay her to rest. I’m beside myself with grief, and am just now going back to work this week. Does anybody have any suggestions for self help techniques for me to move past this. I just feel like breaking down and crying every 20 minutes it seems, and I’m not much of a cryer.

Also, does anybody have any suggestions about how I can get help raising money for her funeral? I’ve set up a GoFundMe page, and it’s received quite a good response from her former co-workers, but we’re (me and her mother) are still short of our goal. Any advice there would be great as well.

Thank you for you time and any help/suggestions you can give.

B. Dawson.

Here is the donation page for anybody who may want to help http://www.gofundme.com/TracieMarie

I know it’s alot to ask of anyone.

Reply: I'm totally lost
by working dog girl on Oct 10, 2014, 02:24AM

I am so very sorry about the loss of your friend. What you are feeling is grief and natural and its a process. Also your grief is complicated by a financial concern over the ability to give your friend a proper burial. There are a lot of self help books you can get free at any library and also you can look online for free resources for living with grief. I don’t know if you are a religious person or not but a lot of pastors do grief counseling and don’t charge or charge very little. You may be surprised how much money your website will raise. Local churches will sometimes help with things such as this. I am a survivor of a fatal accident and family friend of a motorcyle accident victim who did not survive. I do understand how you feel to an extent. God bless and keep youl

by Catherinejenkins on Oct 28, 2014, 07:38AM

I am sorry ,so sad to hear this , but you have to move on , i know it is very hard beacuse my friend has gone through this . Her father died in this april . She was completely in trauma so some one suggested me website by consulting their she is getting normal . I can also suggest you the same .

by Get.To.Tha.Choppa on Jun 30, 2015, 08:01PM

Hi,
I am new here, but would like to express my sincere condolences for you loss. It is never easy.

However, I think you are in the right place. This is an incredible resource. Nothing anybody can say will flick that sorrow switch to “off,” but in time, and with access to the proper resources, you will be okay.

I highly recommend vigorous exercise, therapy, TM, and as much of this forum as you can stomach. It has certainly helped me.