The comeback is stronger
by ccarrier on Dec 17, 2020, 04:41PM

Hi my name is carrisa and I’m from central Massachusetts. I have been a licensed practical nurse (LPN) for the last 5 years. I thought I found my dream job as a lpn classroom nurse and educational assistant for a special education classroom, but life had a different plan for me. After an unfortunate accident, October 2019, involving my body (head first) being throw into the side of my work van, due to negligence, I sustained a significant brain injury, vestibular brain damage, a neck injury, and still to this day, post concussion syndrome. I was lucky enough to be in a job that provided workman’s comp and I was immediately accepted, as a patient, to the Cantu Concussion Center in Concord, MA. My care was overseen by an incredible nurse practitioner who saw me often and referred me to PT. I went to PT for about 2 months before I was cleared to return to work. Unfortunately, I didn’t last long at work, due to overwhelming continuous symptoms, so I wasn’t cleared to go back until the end of February 2020. Unfortunately once I got back, covid struck and I worked from home. I see this as a blessing now, but I still suffer from post concussion syndrome and my life has drastically changed due to this new limitation. I also am excited to announce, that with this injury, it unlocked a whole new world of opportunity for myself and I successfully launched my full-time online coaching program! I am now a certified coach, doing what I love, helping others connect, align, and shine from within. Link is in the website slot if you are interested in learning more!!