Train Accident, with no injury to show others
by charitywils on Sep 01, 2022, 12:57PM

I fell under a moving train. With no bruises, no broken bones, I’m ashamed of how much this accident has impacted me. Well, there is more. I fell under a moving train. I got taken to a hospital in a third world country where the cat had to be pushed off the table. My husband of 2 days had to argue just to get the doctor to check me for a concussion. We were both scared out of our mind, scared I had internal injuries, and the medical care was far from reassuring. If anything, the medical care left me traumatized, too. After the hospital released us, the police came and picked us up. Because of course you need to be questioned by the police, in a foreign language, when the world is still in disarray after the impossible happens. Of course you need third world police added to the mix. I spoke a bit of very rusty French, and police spoke mostly Arabic and equally bad French. Try answering questions at a police station after you’ve bonked your head really bad, and try to answer them in a foreign language, too. We were taken to an office labeled, “Violence against women”. My husband quickly realized that someone thought he had pushed me. I was spinning, in pain, and just trying to do what ever they asked. Today, I’m withdrawn, and prone to anger. I blow up about things. And I have nothing to show, nothing to prove it really happened. But my husband and I have all these traumatic memories.