The Dentist's Visit from Hell
by kjanse on Mar 23, 2023, 08:12PM

I went to my dentist and the dental hygienist trapped my left foot under a 17 lb. reception chair while I was laying back in the dental chair. She was supposed to be sitting me up but instead the whole dental chair went up in the air and my left foot/ankle was guillotined. I wasn’t even over my left knee replacement. My family doctor and the Orth who did my knee replacement barely looked after me because I was injured. They wouldn’t even order an x-ray when I asked. My family doctor put a note on my file that she wasn’t looking after me for this injury. My Chiro ordered an x-ray after 6 weeks which came back abnormal. This pushed the Ortho to order a MRI- severe sprain to my ankle. I couldn’t go back to work and spent the next year in bed due to extreme tension from waist to feet. I was told by doctors that I was babying myself. My physio wrote a letter to the Ortho and MRI of pelvis was done- two partial tears in hamstring and hip. I got back to work on modified job but I could barely sit comfortably or walk. My work gave me a desk job for 6 months but then illegally kicked me out of work for 4 months. My union helped get me back to work but that was a set up because they had me working on a Covid unit at the hospital I was employed at and they had me standing and walking for hours on end. I tried to push through the pain to be employed so I could pay for my therapies but I had to retire early because all that standing and walking caused two more pelvic tears. My personal injury lawyer sent me to a Trauma Surgeon for an assessment and he questioned if the ligaments in my left lower leg have been injured also. Recently I’ve been fighting a new Ortho and my new family doctor to be sent to a foot and ankle clinic at Toronto Western Hospital because both my family doctor and the new Ortho wanted each other to do the referral thus nothing was done. I hear some doctors have a stigma against looking after injured people. My physio wrote a letter which has forced the Ortho to do the referral. This has been going on for over 3 years. My limitations are: can’t walk more than one minute, can’t stand more than one minute, can’t sit more than 45 minutes and can’t crouch. I can’t wait for Feb. 27/23 when I have the appointment at the foot and ankle clinic. In the Bradford and Newmarket area where my doctors have been they play games and basically torture you. Down in Toronto that’s where the better doctors are.